Seahawks linebacker Bobby

#1 von chenyan94 , 25.08.2018 06:44

Coming off a troubling season Youth Weston Richburg Jersey , New York Giants cornerback Eli Apple seemingly has grown up.

A bad attitude led to a suspension for the final game of the 2017 season and a couple of benchings earlier in the campaign has been replaced by a business-like approach.

That's rapid progression for a soon-to-be 23-year-old who appeared to have worn out his welcome two years after the Giants drafted him with the 10th pick overall.

The change didn't just come. It's been coming since Pat Shurmur was named coach and Dave Gettleman took as general manager. They met with Apple after a 3-13 season and told him he would be starting with a clean slate.

"It is definitely important for me, first impressions," Apple said. "I just wanted to show that I was a hard worker and just continue to show that even now as we continue to go on with these practices, staying on top of that and trying to get better every day."

Apple is going to be a key piece for the Giants in James Bettcher's 3-4 system. He has the talent to be a lock-down cornerback, which would give the Giants two. Janoris Jenkins is on the other side of the field.

"They have a lot of confidence in me," Apple said of the coaching staff. "They told me that they feel I am a really good player and as long as I listen to them, I can get better and become a Pro Bowl player. I see that as well. With my athleticism, I see myself, especially in this defense, I see myself as excelling in it and I am looking forward to the season.is"

Apple started 11 of 14 games as a rookie and finished with two interceptions Marquez Valdes-Scantling Color Rush Jersey , 49 tackles, and a fumble recovery, playing on a team that went 11-5 and earned a playoff berth. Last year was a horror. He started seven of 11 games, didn't have an interception, and was suspended for the final game of the season for getting into an argument with coaches about playing on a scout team. The Giants called it conduct detrimental to the team.

Safety Landon Collins didn't hesitate to say last season that Apple needed to grow up.

Apple won't say what caused the turnaround, but it's obvious something has changed.

On the field now, Apple is all smiles and ready to work. The former Ohio State product frequently goes over to Jenkins and picks his brain.

"Like when I see Jackrabbit make a play on the other side, I think to myself, 'OK, it's time for me to make a play if the quarterback comes my way http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dorance-armstrong-jr.-jersey ,'" Apple said of Jenkins. "But it's always fitting that I'm trying to pick his brain because he was All-Pro, Pro Bowl corner, so he's definitely one of the best in the game. So, if I can learn as much as I can from him, that'll make me a better player."

Apple also is taking no downs off. Early in Saturday's workout, he hounded first-year receiver Amba Etta-Tawo on a pass over the middle. Later on the Giants' first day in pads, he gave second-overall draft pick Saquon Barkley a good bump on a running back.

Shurmur certainly has been impressed by the new version of Apple.

"With my eyes, just a few months into this, I'm seeing a guy that's all about his business," Shurmur said. "He is very business-like and he is covering really well Sam Darnold Jets Jersey , which is a good attribute for a corner. I like the way he is working. He's out there challenging but he is also being smart. Based on what I have seen, there are very few mistakes that he is making when we move the coverage around and I like the way he is functioning in the building."

>It was a rough day for NFL starting quarterbacks on Sunday.Philadelphia’s Carson Wentz, Houston’s Tom Savage, the Jets’ Josh McCown and Buffalo’s Nathan Peterman each left their respective games with injuries.The most serious appears to be Wentz.Two sources familiar with the injury tell The Associated Press that doctors believe Wentz has torn his left anterior cruciate ligament and will miss the rest of the season and playoffs.Wentz needs an MRI to confirm the severity of the injury. Both people spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to release the information.Wentz was hurt late in the third quarter of Philadelphia’s 43-35 comeback win at the Los Angeles Rams. Backup Nick Foles rallied the Eagles to a win that secured the NFC East title.In Houston, Savage was cleared to re-enter the game against the San Francisco 49ers for one series after sustaining a concussion.Savage was injured with about nine minutes remaining in the second quarter of Houston’s 26-16 loss when he was driven to the ground on a hit by Elvis Dumervil. Replays showed Savage looking dazed after his head hit the ground with both of his arms shaking and lifted upward.He was taken to the medical tent where he stayed for less than three minutes before returning to the bench and going back in for the next series. He threw two incompletions on that drive, and Houston’s team doctor approached him after he returned to the sideline after that possession.Coach Bill O’Brien said he was evaluated for a concussion after the hit and cleared to return, but that he was evaluated again after he returned because “because of what they saw,” without providing details of what that was.In snowy Buffalo, Peterman went 5 of 10 for 57 yards before being sidelined by a head injury late in the third quarter against Indianapolis. Peterman had started in place of Tyrod Taylor, who was sidelined by a bruised left knee in a 23-3 loss to New England last weekend.And McCown left the game against Denver twice because of hard hits Youth Mike Remmers Jersey , including a clean shot by Shane Ray in the third quarter that left McCown with a broken left hand.McCown finished 6 of 12 for 46 yards.Also for the Jets, running back Elijah McGuire (ankle) and long snapper Thomas Hennessy (head) were knocked out of the game in the first half.The Broncos lost starting safety Justin Simmons to an ankle injury in the first quarter. Inside linebacker Todd Davis was evaluated for a possible concussion in the fourth quarter, and safety Jamal Carter (left shoulder) also was knocked from the game.Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner left against Jacksonville in the third quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return. Fellow linebacker K.J. Wright (concussion) left the field late in the third quarter.Jaguars running back Corey Grant injured his right shoulder while fumbling a kickoff. Tight end Marcedes Lewis jammed a finger on his left hand. Wide receiver Larry Pinkard left in the second quarter while being evaluated for a concussion and was ruled out at halftime.Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper left in the second quarter against Kansas City with a right leg injury when he was blocking downfield on a run by DeAndre Washington and a defender rolled into the back of him.Defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. (ankle) left early in the second quarter and tight end Clive Walford went down in the fourth period.Washington kick returner Byron Marshall’s leg buckled underneath him while he moved to field a kickoff in the first quarter against the Chargers. He injured his hamstring and didn’t return. Linebacker Zach Brown injured his foot in the second half and linebacker Chris Carter injured his ankle in the second half and didn’t return.The Titans lost starting left tackle Taylor Lewan in the second quarter against Arizona with a lower back injury.Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy left in the first half against Detroit with a shoulder/biceps injury and did not return.Vikings linebacker Emmanuel Lamur left with a foot injury and did not return against Carolina, and left tackle Riley Reiff departed with a left ankle injury and did not return.Rams cornerback Kayvon Webster, who intercepted Wentz on the game’s third play, was taken off the field on a cart with an ankle injury late in the first quarter and didn’t return. And tackle Andrew Whitworth also suffered an ankle injury.Packers cornerback Davon House was carted off in the fourth quarter against Cleveland with a back injury.Giants safety Landon Collins was injured in a loss to Dallas. He hurt his left ankle in the fourth quarter making a tackle on Cole Beasley at the end of a 54-yard pass play. Collins was in a walking boot after the game. The Giants have 18 players on injured reserve.AP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi contributed to this report..

chenyan94  
chenyan94

Like the rest of the Bears
Only four players from

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen