rib and wrist injuries l

#1 von panxing18 , 13.09.2018 03:13

Over the last month of the season Brett Favre Jersey , Kenyan Drake looked like he didn’t need much help in the Dolphins backfield.

The Dolphins found him some anyway, and he’s grateful for it.

Via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the fourth-year running back gushed about the addition of veteran Frank Gore this offseason.

“He works out like he’s a first-year, second-year guy,” Drake said. “Comes in with that same attitude. I feel like if I could have just half the success that he’s had Alex Lewis Jersey , that would be a win in my book. Because he’s definitely the epitome of longevity in this league.”

Gore needs just 76 yards this season to pass Curtis Martin for fourth on the league’s all-time rushing list. And while the 35-year-old has shown he can still be productive, he’ll also have a role helping Drake develop.

It seemed that Drake was on the right path last year. Over the last five weeks of the season, no back in the league had more rushing yards (444) than Drake, though even he noted that players such as Todd Gurley and Kareem Hunt took their foot off the gas late in the year. But it was still an encouraging finish, and helped validate the Dolphins’ decision to trade Jay Ajayi.

“I’ve learned that you definitely can’t take any week for granted Jerome Baker Jersey ,” Drake said. “It’s a one-game season every week. On any given Sunday. You have to be where your feet are. From waking up one morning and you realize you just traded your starting running back [Jay Ajayi] and now you’re going to get a lot more carries. To the next person in front of you [Damien Williams] is injured for the rest of the season. And so now you definitely have to have a lot more of the bulk.

“So an in my rookie year it was a big learning experience. Because at the end of the day I just wasn’t mentally prepared to handle the work load. As if I was out there being an every-day starter. Which I take personally. Because I’m supposed to put myself in the position to help this team win games. And I came up short my rookie year. And as the second year went on I got a lot more special teams opportunities and that gave me a lot more opportunities. Once I got the ball in my hand it was just natural again.”

And now, he gets to work with a guy who entered the league when he was in sixth grade, who learned those lessons long ago.

During the Scouting Combine earlier this year, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said that “two most important abilities [for a player] in all this is availability and accountability” while noting that running back Ty Montgomery‘s biggest stumbling block has been availability.

Montgomery missed 10 games and the playoffs with an ankle injury in 2015 and missed eight games with rib and wrist injuries last year, which illustrates the point McCarthy was making. It’s something that Montgomery knows needs to change if he’s going to realize his full potential as an NFL player.

“I know that I can be a really good football player; I just need to stay healthy Stefon Diggs Jersey ,” Montgomery said, via ESPN.com. “It’s something I haven’t been able to do my rookie season and last season. Two seasons before that, I wasn’t playing for almost half the season. I’m looking forward to getting one full healthy season under my belt. That’ll tell.”

Montgomery has been in Green Bay working with the Packers training staff this offseason and McCarthy said you can expect a “bigger, stronger” player than in past seasons. McCarthy has also committed to Montgomery as a running back, although he noted the flexibility that Montgomery provides the offense as a converted wide receiver.

If Joe Thuney Jersey , of course, he’s healthy enough to take advantage of those multi-positional skills.
Womens Logan Woodside Jersey

panxing18  
panxing18

actice with the team
undergoing treatment for lymp

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen