A straight wobbled the favoured

#1 von wzh123 , 09.01.2018 12:05

LONDON -- Serena Williams is leaving Wimbledon with two trophies, teaming with her older sister?Venus?to win the womens doubles?final just hours after collecting the singles title Saturday.The American siblings won their sixth doubles championship at the All England Club and 14th as a pair at all Grand Slam tournaments by beating fifth-seeded Timea Babos of Hungary and Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 6-3, 6-4.Earlier Saturday, also on Centre Court, Serena won her 22nd Grand Slam singles title with a straight-set victory over Angelique Kerber in that final. It was the fourth time that Serena won both titles at Wimbledon in the same year; Martina Navratilova pulled off the feat five times in the Open era.I had just enough time to change and get my ankles retaped, Serena said about going from one match to the other. But there was so much adrenaline, I didnt want to cool down too much.Venus sat in the guest box during the singles final.Watching Serena earlier was so amazing, and I was so into that. And then you have to reset yourself and say, OK, weve got to play a match and were going to have to try to win, Venus said during a joint interview with the BBC after the doubles. So she brought the energy from Game 1 and that really brought me up, too.The Williams sisters also won doubles titles at Wimbledon in 2000, 2002, 2008, 2009 and 2012. Each time, one or the other also won the singles championship, with Serena doing it in 2002, 2009 and 2012 in addition to this year.Theyre now 14-0 in major doubles finals. They were unseeded this time because they play doubles so infrequently, and their most recent Grand Slam title before Saturday had come four years ago at the All England Club. Until playing at the French Open in May, they hadnt even entered a doubles draw at any major tournament since 2014.The 14 Grand Slam titles are tied for second in the Open era with Gigi Fernandez and Natasha Zvereva. Navratilova and Pam Shriver hold the Open era record with 20.The Williams sisters are planning to compete in doubles, in addition to singles, at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics next month. They already have won three gold medals in doubles, at the 2000, 2008 and 2012 Summer Games.When they were asked during the BBC interview which one is in charge of their doubles team, Serena immediately pointed toward Venus and said with a laugh, Shes definitely the boss.Said Venus: Well, Im the older sister, so it kind of falls on me. But [there are] different times on the court that we both take over. So whatever the team needs, it kind of happens organically. Thats the best kind of team.Shvedova, who lost to Venus in the singles quarterfinals this week, was trying to win her third Grand Slam doubles title, after teaming with Vania King to win Wimbledon and the US Open in 2010. Babos has never won a major doubles trophy; she was the runner-up with Kristina Mladenovic at Wimbledon in 2014.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Auston Matthews Jersey . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. Darcy Tucker Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. http://www.theleafshockeystore.com/Maple-Leafs-Josh-Leivo-Adidas-Jersey/ . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Bobby Baun Jersey . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Felix Potvin Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. FORTALEZA, Brazil -- Heavyweight Fabricio Werdum avenged a 2006 loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira with a second-round submission win over the former interim UFC champ in the main event of Saturdays UFC on FUEL TV 10. Werdum was in control from the start, looking quicker on the feet in the standup department and stronger on the floor. Still, the 27-year-old Nogueira showed his legendary tenacity as he constantly walked forward and looked to strike from the clinch. However, things took an unfortunate turn for him in the second frame. As Nogueira looked to secure a guillotine choke in a scramble, Werdum pulled his head free and took top position as the pair hit the floor. From there, Werdum methodically worked himself into a tight armbar position. Nogueira tried desperately to outlast the hold but eventually verbally submitted. "Its my second fight with him, and it was a tough fight," Werdum said after the win. "I was able to get onto his back and get the armbar, and then I was able to make him submit. That made me very happy." Marshall Zelaznik, the UFCs managing director of international development, said the win might not necessarily guarantee a fight with the winner of a planned heavyweight title fight between current champ Cain Velasquez and former title holder Junior dos Santos, but he believes Werdum can at least make a case for the booking. "Obviously this was an important fight for Fabricio," Zelaznik said. "The chatter in the office was that this was an improtant fight for determining the contender for the championship." In the nights co-feature, 33-year-old Leonardo Santos (12-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) became the oldest winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" with a second-round submission win over William Macario. Santos and Macario faced off in the tournament final of "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2." Macario looked the better fighter to open,, toying with his opponent on the feet and showing little regard to his opponents vaunted grappling skills.ddddddddddddBut as the contest wore on, Macario appeared to tire and Santos took full advantage. Taking the fight to the floor, Santos quickly advanced to mount position and locked in an arm-triangle choke. As he dismounted to finish the hold, Macario tried desperately to spin and escape but was forced to tap with 17 seconds left in the second round. An emotional Santos celebrated the victory with his longtime teammate, UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo. In a moment of raw emotion, both men shed tears as the enjoyed the importance of the win, which sees Santos earn a six-figure UFC contract. "I know many of you, when you saw me walking in, a small-city guy, you thought I was going to lose," Santos said. "But no way -- Im very tough. Aldo is the most humble person I know of. Hes a really good champion and a great person. I consider him my brother." In another featured matchup, one-time UFC title contender Thiago Silva (15-3 MMA 6-3 UFC) earned his first official win since 2009 with a stunning first-round knockout of former Strikeforce champ Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (11-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC). While Cavalcante looked the stronger man to open the fight, he tired as the opening round unfolded, and Silva made him pay. A straight wobbled the favoured Cavalcante before an uppercut landed flush on the chin and ended the contest with 31 seconds left in the opening round. The performance earned Silva US$100,000 in extra income for earning both the "Knockout of the Night" and "Fight of the Night" bonuses. UFC on FUEL TV 10s undercard featured seven bouts that included Brazilian fighters against foreign competition. The Brazilian fighters were victorious in all seven contests. A crowd of 6,286 fans attended the event, according to Zelaznik. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

wzh123  
wzh123

The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive
The Toronto Maple Leafs have dealt the 51st, 117th in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth rounder in the 2014 Draft to the Sta

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen