WASHINGTON -- Stephen Strasburg turned in a strong outing and the bats produced another bunch of runs. [url=http://www.athletics

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 24.11.2017 08:52

WASHINGTON -- Stephen Strasburg turned in a strong outing and the bats produced another bunch of runs. Terry Steinbach Jersey . After two months of mediocrity, perhaps the Washington Nationals have turned the page. Strasburg struck out 11 in seven innings Wednesday night and the Nationals kept the Philadelphia Phillies bats quiet yet again in an 8-4, rain-interrupted win. The Nationals have won four of five, outscoring the Texas Rangers and Phillies 34-10 during that span. True, five games represent barely more than 3 per cent of the regular-season schedule, but they had to start somewhere. "Its been a lot of fun for us, pitching the ball good and swinging the bat well," said leadoff hitter Denard Span, who had two doubles and two RBIs. "Hopefully we keep it going." Strasburg (5-4) had the Phillies flailing as he hit double digits in Ks for the 15th time in his career -- and for the fourth time without issuing a walk. Ten of the right-handers 11 strikeouts were swinging, including Marlon Byrd (95 mph fastball), Ryan Howard (95 mph fastball) and Domonic Brown (88 mph change-up) when the rain started to fall in the sixth inning. "Facing a lefty-heavy lineup is difficult," Washington manager Matt Williams said. "But he used his changeup really well and spotted his fastball." The only consolation for the Phillies is that they scored an earned run for the first time in four games when facing the Nationals ace. The streak reached 25 innings before Philadelphia crossed the plate twice in the fifth -- once earned, once unearned. John Mayberry Jr. added a two-run pinch-hit homer in the seventh, but by then Strasburg had been working with a cushion of a half-dozen runs. The tarp came out shortly afterward, delaying the game for 1 hour, 48 minutes. Anthony Rendon finished with three hits and three RBIs, including a solo homer. Danny Espinosa had a two-run double that was a foot or so away from a grand slam, and Strasburg himself added a single, walk and run scored for the Nationals, who are above .500 for the first time in two weeks. "The offence has kind of kicked it back in," Williams said. Philadelphias A.J. Burnett (3-5) again had control issues in his worst outing of the season. Tied for the majors lead in walks entering the game, he issued four more free passes, including back-to-back walks in Washingtons four-run fourth and a walk to Strasburg in the three-run sixth. "Theyre unaggressive walks. I dont care if theres a base open. Thats not me," Burnett said. "Thats putting me in passive mode. Thats my fault. Ive got to go after hitters. I dont care if a base is open. I dont care whos up. I mean, thats not who I am. Ill take six aggressive walks over boo-boo walks that are 3-0 sliders, 3-0 curveballs or whatever it is." Burnett allowed eight runs over six innings. He was particularly bothered by the home run he gave up to Rendon in the fifth immediately after the Phillies had cut a 4-0 lead to 4-2. "For somebody who harps on shutdown innings, Im pretty (bad) at it," he said. "And I will be better. Guys throws up runs, you need to put up zeroes after that." The Phillies have lost five straight and are an NL-worst 9-19 since May 4. "Sun is going to come up, believe or not," Burnett said. "It might be a little cloudy." NOTES: It was Burnetts first loss against the Expos-Nationals franchise since April 8, 2002, when his Florida Marlins fell 10-2 to Montreal. He had been 5-0 in nine starts and one relief appearance against the franchise since then. ... Phillies leadoff hitter Jimmy Rollins had the first four-strikeout game of his 15-year career. ... Mayberry has three pinch-hit homers this season. ... X-rays taken Wednesday on Darin Ruf were negative a day after the Phillies outfielder collided with a concrete wall during a game with Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Ruf has a sprained left wrist and a cut on his right knee that required stitches, but he has no broken bones. He is on the seven-day disabled list. Dennis Eckersley Jersey . -- In the stadium program sold at the Miami Dolphins game on Halloween, Richie Incognito was asked whos the easiest teammate to scare. Coco Crisp Jersey . It was the quickest three-goal sequence in Olympic history, with the latter two coming just eight seconds apart. Kessel, Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne all scored twice for the Americans, and Molly Schaus made 10 saves in her Sochi debut. http://www.athleticsauthenticshop.com/authentic-andrew-triggs-athletics-jersey/ .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No.GREEN BAY, Wis. - Mike McCarthy promised Wednesday to evaluate, make changes and learn from his teams gut-wrenching NFC Championship game loss to the Seattle Seahawks.The Green Bay Packers coach also delivered another promise.Every game you compete in is a unique experience, and the only way you benefit from that experience is you have to be able to learn from the victories and defeats. Thats the mindset of a champion, McCarthy said during his season wrap-up news conference, which was delayed a week after the death of his younger brother, Joe. That will never change. (But) the 2015 football team will not bear the burden of what happened in 2014 or before that. Thats not the way we operate.McCarthys 30-minute session was light on specifics and devoid of any major announcements or staff shakeups. Assistant coaches are off this week, and if McCarthy does plan on making changes - after two major special-teams gaffes contributed significantly to the season-ending loss, special teams co-ordinator Shawn Slocums job security could be tenuous - he will do so after meeting with coaches starting next week.McCarthy conducted exit interviews with players on Jan. 19-20 and was set to begin his meetings with coaches on Jan. 21 when he learned of his brothers death. McCarthy returned from Pennsylvania on Tuesday after his brother was laid to rest Monday.Its important to evaluate. I obviously havent had that opportunity, McCarthy replied when asked about Slocums job status. Well look at everything. Well look at every job description, every job responsibility, performance - mine included - and well look to make changes.Among the mistakes the Packers made while squandering a 16-0 halftime lead: A 19-yard third-quarter touchdown pass by Seahawks holder Jon Ryan to tackle Garry Gilliam on a fake field goal for Seattles first points of the game, and tight end Brandon Bostick ignoring his assignment to block on a Seattle onside kick with just over 2 minutes left in regulation. Tony Phillips Jersey. Bostick mishandled the ball and Seattle recovered, setting up a go-ahead touchdown.Special teams, definitely a tough performance for us, McCarthy said. Anytime you give up seven points and have a turnover, its very difficult to overcome that, especially when it occurs in the second half like it did.Asked specifically about the fake field goal, and whether Slocum and the coaches should have been more ready for a fake in that situation, McCarthy hinted that a safe call rather than an all-out block call was in order.Your call in that situation is what Seattle benefited from, said McCarthy, whose team also allowed the Seahawks to overcome a second-and-30 and third-and-19 to keep that drive alive. After that particular series, the third-down conversion they had, the second down and third down conversion they had, walking out of there with a field goal, 16-3 is fine. Creating the opportunity for them to make a big play is where we erred.Errors came on more than just special teams, however. From an offence that had two three-and-out possessions in the fourth quarter while trying to protect a lead, to safety Morgan Burnett heeding outside linebacker Julius Peppers advice to lie down after an interception with just over 5 minutes left in regulation, to a defence that collapsed after dominating most of the game, there was plenty of blame to go around.Now, McCarthys focus is on taking those mistakes and making sure they lead to growth.Our fans, I understand your disappointment. Were right there with you, McCarthy said. Later, he added, Were going to create another opportunity to build the best football team that we can in 2015, and were going to go for it. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ST. [url=http://www.footballtitansfanatic.com/authentic-erik-walden-titans-j ersey/]Erik Walden Jersey[/url] . PETERSBURG, Fla. -
SAN DIEGO - Former All-Star pitcher Josh Johnson is staying with the San Diego Padres after missing the 2014 season, finalizing

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen